The World Cup of BBQ
A Natural Pairing
As you may have gathered I am pretty keen on BBQ. I am also an avid football fan, so with the World Cup in Russia is upon us, it made sense to me to do something around them both – the World Cup of BBQ. My best friend John came up with the idea of having a week where I theme each of my cooks to the teams involved on that particular day. I thought it was a brilliant idea, but thought I would extend it to the whole period of the World Cup, so I am going to try to cook every day of the entire tournament.
Who to Pick
I could just pick a team myself but I am up for a challenge. Over the next week, I will be posting a series of polls on Twitter (http://twitter.com/love2bbquk) to get people to vote on the countries whose dish I should cook. Whoever has the most votes in that poll, I will select a dish from that country and cook on either the BBQ or smoker.
It should be a fun period and I am hoping to learn a lot about foods from different countries and how they can translate to the BBQ.
I will be posting updates on Twitter and I will write up each of the recipes daily.
Why not consider cooking along and seeing what dishes you can create on the BBQ.
- Jun 14 – Saudi Arabia: Chicken Al Kabsa
- Jun 15 – Morocco: Moroccan Mechoui
- Jun 16 – Nigeria: Suya
- Jun 17 – Costa Rica: Arroz con pollo
- Jun 18 – Panama: Ropa Vieja
- Jun 19 – Senegal: Chicken Yassa
- Jun 20 – Iran: Kabab Torsh
- Jun 21 – Argentina: Choripán
- Jun 22 – Brazil: Picahna Steak
- Jun 23 – South Korea: Bulgogi
- Jun 24 – Japan: Tsukune
- Jun 25 – Uruguay: Chivito
- Jun 26 – Croatia: Cevaspi with ajvar
- Jun 27 – South Korea: Korean Chicken Wings
- Jun 28 – Colombia: Arroz Atollado