Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, int given in /home/customer/www/love2bbq.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/disclosure-for-amazon-affiliate/index.php on line 274
I have some Amazon Affiliate links on the website where I earn a small amount of commission. I have tried to keep ads off the site and these Amazon links help pay for the upkeep of the website.
Day 3: Choripán Sandwich
Day 3 of the World Cup of BBQ sees us move to South America, to Argentina, to cook Choripán. Argentina didn’t have a great day on the field with a shock 2-1 defeat to Saudi Arabia.
Choripán is a popular street food in South America, especially Argentina, where it is popular street food that you will find around football stadiums. It consists of a chorizo sausage grilled and cut in half, served on a baguette or crusty bread, with optional Chimichurri.
Preparation and the Cook
This was going to be a relatively straightforward cook. I ordered some Argentinian sausages from Casa Argentina (and also cheated by ordering some Chimichurri) from them also.
Once the BBQ was ready to cook on, I sliced the bread and toasted it before cooking the sausage. Depending on how hot the BBQ is I sometime cook sausages indirect and just do them direct to add a bit of char and colour towards the end of the cooking. With these I just cooked them directly on the Char-broil gasser.
Once the sausages were ready (internal temp 65°C), I placed a little bit of salad on the sliced baguette, cut the sausages in half and placed them on the baguette before spooning over the Chimichurri.
For a fantastic pre-match sandwich, you can’t go wrong with Choripán. Crusty baguette with a really tasty sausage and a little added spice from the chimichurri. A cracking sandwich!!
- 4 Argentinian Style Sausages (Chorizo Criollo Parrillero)
- 1 Crusty Baguette
- 1 tbsp Chimichurri
- Salad (optional)
- Start by slicing the Baguette and then place on the grill and toast slightly.
- Next add the sausages and cook for around 15 minutes over direct heat, turning frequently. When the internal temperature if 65°C remove the sausages from the grill.
- Add some salad to the baguette (optional), slice the sausages and place on the baguette.
- Spoon some Chimichurri to taste over the sausage and enjoy!!!