Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, int given in /home/customer/www/love2bbq.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/disclosure-for-amazon-affiliate/index.php on line 274
I have some Amazon Affiliate links on the website where I earn a small amount of commission. I have tried to keep ads off the site and these Amazon links help pay for the upkeep of the website.
My First Home Cooked Chicken Shashlik
I love the flavours of Indian food. It is one of my favourite cuisines, so when I saw Tim Pontin’s cook his version of Chicken Shashlik I had to try it.
I have tried Tim’s food before. We went away in August with a few fellow BBQ’ers and Tim cooked Butter Chicken Wings and Drunken Lamb Chops, both of which were off the scale. I was really confident this was going to be good.
Preparation and the Cook
The first thing to do with this cook was to prepare the marinade for the chicken. The meat got marinated overnight for around 20 hours in total. If you don’t have the prep time, I think you could get away with less, but the flavour might not be as intense.
When doing Chicken Kebab / Skewers I typically use thighs but decided to use breasts for this cook. When cooking with chicken thighs, I cook for 16 minutes rotating every 4 minutes, but with the breast, I cooked for 20 minutes rotating every 5 minutes.
This Chicken Shashlik blew me away. It had a superb flavour, with a lovely heat. An absolutely cracking recipe from Tim, and one that will get repeated many times.
Tim’s Chicken Shaslik
- 3 Chicken Breasts (Boneless & Skinless)
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ tsp Ginger Paste
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Crushed)
- 2 tbsp Tandoori Masala Rub (from The Smokey Carter)
- ½ tsp Deggi Mirch Powder
- 1 tbsp Fenugreek Leaves (dried)
- Start by adding all the ingredients together and mix well.
- Dice the chicken into fairly large chunks (at least 3cm cubes) and then add to the marinade and mix well.
- Place in the fridge for a minimum of 8 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Whilst you are getting your BBQ up to its cooking temp, skewer the marinated chicken then add to the BBQ cooking for 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes.
- Once cooked (check with an Instant-Read Thermometre) remove and wrap the skewer in foil for 5 minutes.
- Add your naan to a plate, with some salad and then place the cooked Chicken Shashlik on the naan.
- I topped this with Saffron Yogurt (had some made up in the fridge) but it would work really well with Raita. Enjoy!!!!